ĐỀ THI HỌC KỲ 1 TIẾNG ANH 12 THEO CHƯƠNG TRÌNH MỚI
Lời giải chi tiết
Tham khảo online
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
A. slum B. urban C. bulb D. clutter
A. determine B. costume C. culture D. critical
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
A expand B. migrate C. effect D. double
A. attitude B. dominant C. entertain D. Internet
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 5. I _______________ there once a long time ago and _______________ back since.
A. went / wasn’t B. was going / had not been
C. have gone / wasn’t D. went / have not been
Question 6. It is recommended that this machine _______________ checked every year.
A. to be B. is C. be D. are
Question 7. _______________ is writing brief entries about the daily activities of an individual or company.
A. App B. Mass media C. Advent D. Microblogging
Question 8. There are people who choose to abandon their heritage culture and assimilate _______________ the new culture of the majority.
A. on B. in C. into D. to
Question 9. You don’t get a lot of _______________ from a news report on radio or TV.
A. inform B. informative C. information D. informatively
Question 10. Only after food has been dried or canned _______________
- that it should be stored for future use
- it should be stored for future use
- should it be stored for future use
- should it store for future
Question 11. The areas _______________ are destroyed suffer a lot from soil erosion.
A. whose trees B. trees of which C. which trees D. that trees
Question 12. Some ethnic groups have strange _______________ such as walking on fire to prevent natural disasters.
A. spirits B. customs C. national prides D. behaviors
Question 13. We managed to finish the exercise on time and passed the exam. _______________, it was very difficult.
- But B. However C. So D. Therefore
Question 14. He has the _______________ face and skin of an old traveler.
- thought-provoking B. year-round
- overloaded D. weather-beaten
Question 15. It is stated that we are now in the first stages of a battle for the _______________ of life on the earth.
- sustainability B. conservation C. responsibility D. purification
Question 16. _______________ Women’s Day is on _______________ eighth of March.
- ø /the B. ø /an C. The/ an D. The/ ø
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 17. To reduce pollution, we have to stop to use many things that make our lives
- To reduce B. to use C. that D. uncomfortable
Question 18. The practice of using many and more chemicals to improve crop yields is harmful
to people’s health.
- practice B. many C. yields D. harmful
Question 19. The pull of the earth is too strong that no one can jump as high as three meters.
- of B. too strong C. that D. jump
Question 20. The work performed by these officers are not worth our paying them any longer.
- by B. are C. worth D. any longer
Question 21. Nobody is interested in the missing jet planes, aren’t they?
- interested B. missing C. aren’t D. they
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 22. One of the reasons why families break up is that parents are always critical of each other.
- intolerant B. supportive C. tired D. unaware
Question 23. Urbanization has resulted in massive problems besides the benefits.
- major B. serious C. a few D. minor
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
Question 24. Under the major’s able leadership, the soldiers found safety.
- guidance B. intensity C. flagship D. ability
Question 25. Adverts on Facebook seem to be more efficient than billboards or TV ads because of its enormous number of users.
- disorganised B. successful C. connected D. updated
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 26. – Linh: Would you mind moving your suitcase? – Ngoc: _______________
- Yes, please! B. No, not at all. C. Of course! D. Oh, I am sorry to hear.
Question 27. Nam and Lan are talking about their using social media.
– Nam: Why don’t you open an account on Facebook? – Lan: _______________
- It helps you to get connected with friends.
- Oh, I see.
- I don’t want to waste much time on social media.
- Not at all. I’ll buy a new laptop.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
Urbanisation programmes are being (28) _______________ in many parts of the world, especially in densely populated regions with limited land and resources. It is the natural outcome of economic development and (29) _______________ It has brought a lot of benefits to our society. (30) _______________, it also poses various problems for local authorities and town planners in the process of maintaining sustainable urbanisation, especially in developing countries.
When too many people cram into a small area, urban infrastructure can’t be effective. There will be a (31) _______________ of livable housing, energy and water supply. This will create overcrowded urban districts with no proper facilities.
Currently, fast urbanisation is taking place predominantly in developing countries where sustainable urbanisation has little relevance to people’s lives. Their houses are just shabby slums with poor sanitation. Their children only manage to get basic education. Hence, the struggle for survival is their first priority rather than anything else. Only when the quality of their existence is improved can they seek (32) _______________ other high values in their life.
A. carried out B. carried over C. carried off D. carry back
A. industrialize B. industrial C. industrialisation D. industry
A. Because B. However C. Therefore D. Although
A. appearance B. plenty C. loss D. lack
A. on B. about C. with D. for
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
A Japanese construction company plans to create a huge independent city-state, akin to the legendary Atlantis, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The city, dubbed “Marinnation”, would have about one million inhabitants, two airports, and possibly even a space port. Marinnation, if built, would be a separate country but could serve as a home for international organisations such as the United Nations and the World Bank.
Aside from the many political and social problems that would have to be solved, the engineering task envisaged is monumental. The initial stage requires the building of a circular dam eighteen miles in diameter attached to the sea bed in a relatively shallow place in international waters. Then, several hundred powerful pumps, operating for more than a year, would suck out the sea water from within the dam. When empty and dry, the area would have a city constructed on it. The actual land would be about 300 feet below the sea level. According to designers, the hardest task from an engineering point of view would be to ensure that the dam is leak proof and earthquake proof.
If all goes well, it is hoped that Marinnation could be ready for habitation at the end of the second decade of the twenty-first century. Whether anyone would want to live in such an isolated and artificial community, however, will remain an open
Question until that time.
Question 33. According to the text, Marinnation, when built, will be a(an) _______________ city.
A. crowded B. underground C. marine D. legendary
Question 34. The word „akin’ in paragraph 1 could be best replaced by _______________
A. likely B. close C. next D. similar
Question 35. Which of the following would NOT be a problem for the construction plan?
A. social B. political C. engineering D. financial
Question 36. Which of the following is NOT true according to the text?
- Marinnation would have about one million inhabitants.
- Marinnation will be built in a deep place in the Pacific Ocean.
- Marinnation will be located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
- Marinnation could be served as home for international organisations.
Question 37. What does the author imply in the last sentence of the passage?
- People will ask an open question about living in Marinnation.
- The construction of Marinnation could never be completed in time.
- People might not want to live in an isolated and artificial community.
- People will ask how they can live in such an isolated and artificial city.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
Question 38. To attract her teacher’s attention, she raised her hand high.
- Because her teacher attracted her, she raised her hand again.
- Though she raised her hand high, she couldn’t attract her teacher’s attention.
- She raised her hand high so that she could attract the teacher’s attention.
- She had such a high raising of hand that she failed to attract her teacher’s attention.
Question 39. The number of young people using social media is increasing.
- There are more people using social media than in the past.
- The number of social media for the youth is increasing.
- More and more social media are for the youth.
- More and more young people are using social media.
Question 40. The problem was too serious for her to solve by herself.
- The problem was such serious that she couldn’t solve alone.
- So serious was the problem that she couldn’t solve it alone.
- It was such a serious problem that she could solve it alone.
- She was so serious she couldn’t solve the problem alone.
Question 41. If it hadn’t been for the wind, the fire would never have spread so fast.
- Even without the wind, the fire would have spread just as fast.
- It was the wind that caused the fire to spread at such a speed.
- Had there been a wind, the fire would have spread even faster.
- The force of the wind affected the way the fire spread.
Question 42. “Don’t forget to hand in the report, Peter!” said Kate.
- Kate reminded Peter of handing in the report.
- Kate said that Peter had forgotten to hand in the report.
- Kate forgot to hand in the report to Peter.
- Kate reminded Peter to hand in the report.
Listen to the presentation about unusual British festivals and choose the correct option to complete the sentence.
Question 43. The Clavie is _______________
- a whisky container
- a wooden cross
- a bonfire made of things people don’t need
Question 44. In the Up Helly Aa festival, they burn _______________
- a wooden man B. a Viking boat C. a line in the grass
Question 45. During a pancake race, you have to _______________
- eat as many pancakes as possible
- run as fast as possible while tossing a pancake in a pan.
- run and jump over ropes without dropping the pancake.
Question 46. Nowadays, the people who win the cheese rolling competition are usually _______________
- top athletes
- people from the village
- visitors from all over the world
Question 47. The fastest snail in the Snail Racing is _______________
- cooked with garlic and butter
- rescued from the barbecue
- given a prize of extra lettuce
Question 48. Black Pudding throwing is similar to _______________
- pancake tossing
- Olympic sports like javelin and shotput
Question 49. To win the best gurner competition, one man _______________
- had all his teeth removed
- grew a really long beard
- had a lot of facial piercings
Question 50. The Burning of the Clocks festival is _______________
- 2 years old B. 20 years old C. 200 years old
Làm bài thi thử ở bên dưới nhé. Tạo tài khoản trước khi thi để lưu lại kết quả của mình.
Chia sẻ để ủng hộ website